Chicken Waldorf Salad is a classic salad made with apples, grapes, pecans and celery in a light, creamy dressing.
Chicken Waldorf Salad
It’s the perfect combination of flavors and textures and great to make ahead for lunch.
This healthy salad is filled with lean protein, fruit and heart-healthy nuts. I lighten this up a bit by using a combo of mayo and Greek yogurt.
What To Serve With Chicken Waldorf Salad
I like to serve this over a bed of greens such as baby arugula and baby spinach, in a lettuce wrap, or with a whole grain roll or wrap.
More Chicken Salad Recipes You Make Like:
Chicken Waldorf Salad
Chicken breast, apples, grapes, pecans and celery in a creamy dressing. It’s a perfect combination of flavors and textures. I served this over a bed of baby arugula and baby spinach, but this is also wonderful on a whole grain roll or in a healthy low carb wrap.
- 7 oz (1 breast) poached chicken breast (recipe follows)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cut into small cubes (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup light Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 0% Greek yogurt (I like Stonyfield)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp pecans or walnuts
- 6 cups mixed baby greens like spinach and arugula
- To poach chicken breast: Cover chicken breast in broth in a small pot, add water if it doesn’t cover the chicken.
- Add salt and pepper, a piece of celery and it’s leaves (you could add herbs like parsley, garlic, onion, or whatever you want) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover tight and let it sit for 15-20 minutes or until thickest part of the breast registers 160 degrees. Chicken will be cooked through.
- Let it cool and cut into small cubes.
- Combine mayo, yogurt, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Add chicken, grapes, apples, celery, and let it chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat it.
- Mix in pecans right before serving.
- Serve over baby greens.
Yield: 3 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 3
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 236 calories
- Total Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 46.5mg
- Sodium: 622mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 15.5g
- Protein: 19.5g
All images and text ©
Source : skinnytaste