Chocolate covered strawberries are easy and quick treat for Valentines day. Perfect dessert for any celebration. Full video and step by step pictures.
I love strawberry flavoured chocolate. I tasted strawberry flavoured chocolate from Belgium when I was a kid. It was melting all over my hands, mouth that I stood at backyard to enjoy it. Total mess, something like silk ad. But still remember that finest quality chocolate. After that, I have tried many brands, nothing tastes perfectly balanced like that.
I saw this idea in Youtube recently and have seen many times, thought of trying out myself for this Valentines day. Fresh strawberry and chocolate, better option than artificially flavoured chocolate right?
It is very simple and easy to prepare this at home and so fancy too!
Step by step pictures how to make chocolate covered strawberries
- Wash strawberries and pat dry completely without any water. You can wash and keep it spread over kitchen towel for a while,after patting off excess water.
- Boil 1 cup water in a vessel. Put the flame to sim. Keep a clean and dry bowl over the vessel. The bottom of the vessel should not touch water. Add chocochips to the bowl. Let it melt.
- When it starts to melt, stir. Once it’s smooth, take off from
- Add a handful of chocolate chip immediately and keep stirring until it melts smoothly. It may take a while. (I skipped this step)
- Take the strawberries and hold it using the green part of the fruit. Dip inside the chocolate and swirl to coat the strawberries.
- Arrange over a tray lined with butter paper. I used foil as I ran out of butter paper. Set inside fridge. Meanwhile optionally you can prepare a contrast white chocolate drizzle.
- For white chocolate drizzle, I used baking chocolate bar. Chop it roughly.
- Repeat the same process for melting. Bring water to boil, simmer it. Place the chopped chocolate in a dry, clean bowl and place it over the hot water. Stir once it starts to melt to make it smooth.
- Take off from the heat, add few more chopped chocolate. Keep stirring to melt it smoothly.
- Fill in a zip lock cover and cut the tip off, really tiny hole.
- Take out the strawberry tray from fridge and drizzle over each strawberry with white chocolate for a contrast look.
- Set again in fridge and serve the same day as you prepare.
Enjoy the real fruit strawberry, with chocolate coated.
Source : rakskitchen