Helping you eat more veggies today!
This salad was so good! I used the famous CFC creamy garlic dressing.
Just because it’s fall, doesn’t mean we need to skip the fresh salads.Salad Serves 4
For the Salad:
- 4 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium beets, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 sweet potato, cut into pieces
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil, or olive oil for roasting
- sea salt + freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed organic baby greens
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Creamy garlic dressing (recipe below)
- Toss your carrots, sweet potatoes, and beets in a bowl with 1 Tbsp. oil and a touch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper, until coated.
- Space coated root veggies evenly on a large sheet pan, and roast at 400 degrees f. for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway. Allow to cool.
- Arrange all salad ingredients nicely onto serving plates, including roasted root veggies and drizzle with about 2 Tablespoons of your creamy garlic dressing.
Creamy Garlic Dressing
makes about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6-8 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 4 Tbsps. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 Tbsps. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp. raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- Place oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, salt, mustard, and honey in a high powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Stir immediately before using
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated for up to a week.
One simple way to make sure you’re getting LOTS of nutrition is to make your plate COLORFUL!Fall season is the perfect time to get creative with all of those delicious root veggies! Enjoy this one and remember to tag me @CleanFoodCrush in your creations. I LOVE seeing how your recipes turn out
Source : cleanfoodcrush