Easy Roasted Sweet Potatoes with irresistible caramelised edges and incredible flavour!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes need only 5 ingredients to get you hooked! Baked sweet potatoes are so easy to make, right up there with potatoes, making them an incredible side dish ready to be served with absolutely anything.
Sweet potatoes would have to be one of the most versatile ingredients in the kitchen. Baked, smashed, mashed, stuffed or made into wedges, cakes and casseroles.
One of the easiest and most useful ways to cook sweet potatoes is to roast them.
How To Cook Sweet Potatoes in the Oven
- Preheat your oven at a high temperature.
- Chop them into 2-inch pieces. Cutting them into small pieces generally means a faster cook time, more crisp outer sides and delicious caramelized edges.
- Spread them out in a single layer on your baking sheet. Give them room and allow the heat to distribute evenly, circulating perfectly around each piece.
- Season them. We use garlic, olive oil, melted butter, salt and pepper, but you can pretty much use whatever you have on hand. Chili powder, garlic or onion powder.
- Garnish your roasted sweet potatoes with fresh chopped parsley as it is mild enough to allow the flavours of the sweet potatoes to shine through! Other herbs like thyme or rosemary taste incredible with sweet potatoes.
How long to bake sweet potatoes?
It can take from 45-55 minutes, depending on your oven and if it’s been preheated. I usually wait until the 45 minute mark before testing one with a fork. If your fork slides through it easily, they’re ready.
Once taken out of the oven, season with a little extra salt and pepper if desired.
Do you need to peel sweet potatoes?
This is a personal question depending on what results you’re after. Sweet potato skins are edible and become crispy in the oven while roasting, just like regular potatoes.
The beauty of roasted sweet potatoes is that they can be cooked either way and still be absolutely incredible. You can always adjust this recipe to suit your taste.
What to serve with roasted sweet potatoes
You will love these roasted sweet potatoes with Roast Chicken, Roast Pork, Prime Rib or Crispy Slow Cooker Turkey.
Looking for more Sweet Potato Recipes?
Garlic Herb Chicken & Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Meal Prep
Sweet Potato Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Mashed Sweet Potatoes (Savory Recipe)
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Easy Roasted Sweet Potatoes with irresistible caramelised edges and incredible flavour! Only 5 ingredients to get you hooked, this sweet potato recipe is so easy to make! An incredible side dish ready to be served with absolutely anything.
Course: Side Dish
Keyword: Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Servings: 6 serves (as a side)
Calories: 176 kcal
- 2 pounds (1 kg) sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic (8 cloves garlic)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 220°C | 425°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet or tray with cooking oil spray.
Arrange the sweet potatoes on the sheet in one layer, and add the oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss until the potatoes are well coated and seasoned.
Roast in the oven for 45 -55 minutes, while flipping occasionally, until fork tender.
Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and season with a little extra salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle over with parsley and serve immediately!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g 6%
Sodium 472mg 20%
Potassium 527mg 15%
Total Carbohydrates 31g 10%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 2g 4%
Vitamin A 431.3%
Vitamin C 7.6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
Source : cafedelites